- Generic Security Troopers: generalists with blaster pistols and neurolash batons who represent the typical security trooper one might meet and who act as basic backup for the rest.
- Assault Security Troopers: elite specialists with a focus on direct attack in close environments (urban or ship-borne raids).
- Riot Control Troopers: Troopers armed with shields, neurolash batons and a bad attitude, meant to put down riots.
- Security Snipers: While the Empire of Star Wars generally isn't associated with high accuracy, the concept of a sniper fits perfectly with the oppressive atmosphere we'd like our empire to foster.
- Security Officer: An officious lieutenant who either supervises security troopers, or assists a named Security Agent.
As before, and despite claims to the contrary, the role of Security Troopers isn't it kill people, it's to enforce peace and order. They prefer to take suspects in alive for questioning, and to intimidate the populace, rather than kill them. Plus, many security troopers genuinely believe in protecting civilians and killing bad guys, and see the rebel conspiracies they undo as dangerous anarchists and little better than more base criminals. Sometimes, they're even right!